Thursday, April 20, 2006

Easter

We are back from out trip to Perth for Easter. We caught up with lots of family, saw lots, went shopping, ate too much, had a great time, but it is nice to be home. A trip to Perth used to involve packing a few things and going. It is now and all day expedition to get there and one to get back and I can't believe how full the car was with crap and we needed most of it. I did do some shopping. I went to the woolshop and there was a 10% off sale and drooled over the fabric in Calico & Ivy.
My best finds weren't at the shops though. Chris' Mum had some boxes of material and I found some great brown wool and this excellent flannel that reminds me of my Grandfather's pyjamas.
The winners were these vintage sewing magazines.
Even though I haven't finished a book for ages I had to buy these two books by Victoria Finlay: Colour and Buried Treasure.
I've signed up to be a part of backtack 3. I'm excited and a bit apprehensive having seen what people have created in the past and having seen who i am creating for, but I'm up for the challenge.
Sorry Mum and Jean somehow we didn't manage to take any photos, but we will try to take some soon.

No comments: