Tuesday, September 30, 2008
The quantities are approximate as I'm not big on measuring accurately.
3 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tsp yeast
1 cup mashed roasted pumpkin
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp brown sugar
300ml warm water
Mix it all and together. Knead until elastic.
Let rise for an hour.
Knead briefly and place in a baking tin. Sprinkle with pepitas and let rise for a bit.
Bake until cooked.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Rant over. Here's a lovely bag I finished this morning.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I thought we would do some baking from my new book today, the Baking Bible. Very hard to choose - so many good recipes in there. (Note to self - don't go book shopping while hungry.)
I suggested an orange cake, grace thought we should make a green cake. The orange cake finally won and I think it was a good choice as they were eating it before it could be iced.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Interesting things I have learnt on the way:
- Taking a good photo of all of your children at the same time is impossible
- Eva screaming in the car is very loud
- If your child is not dressed head to toe in pink she must be a boy
- Just when you are sure you don't need any more cook books you see 2 you just have to have.
- Eva can scream the entire way back from Perth with only a very short break when I am sure she was just catching her breath and planning her next world record breaking screaming attempt.
- I'm not sure how she hasn't lost her voice as I have a cold and haven't done any screaming and my voice is gone.
- It is ok to cave in sometimes and buy them a DVD. Today I am so glad I did. I tried to convince myself that my head cold was getting better, but that didn't work so the girls had a quiet afternoon in from of tv and I tried to stop my head exploding.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Love this Little Red Riding Hood fabric.
A new sock bag - I have once again run out of bags to put my works in progress and things are falling out of the last one I made. So I made one with a zip. Just big enough for 6 inch needles and a ball of wool.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
A top just like the ones I made the girls earlier this year.
Matching pants too.I finished a custom order this morning.
An elephant for the shop.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
A hat for my sister Gemma who is living in Amsterdam. It is a Meathead Hat using Lamb's Pride Bulky. Perfect for a cold European winter. Ravelry Link.I managed to jog on the treadmill without falling off today.
I have just put Beef Ribs, Coconut Braised into the slow cooker for dinner. My sister made this last time I was at her place and it was divine.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
I managed to finish something - a new bag that will be in the shop.
Eva has become a napper, the girls were like this and being my first I just thought this was how it was, then I discovered that there are very knowledgeable people who can help with this. They will be getting a phone call.
I had flashbacks when I saw some Guides selling these on the weekend. My sisters and I were Girl Guides and we used to be given boxes of these to sell. My mother dreaded this. I remember one year on a driving holiday up north eating packets of them in the back of the car. I'm sure Mum thought this was great. We got rid of them all and we were quiet for the trip. I hadn't eaten one since until I bought a packet for the girls. They have a chocolate layer now and taste better than I remember.
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Amelia on the slide.
A little bit of exercise after lunch yesterday - thanks Jo for the great photos.
The girls were allowed to wear their new clothes. I finished a shirt for Amelia just like the one I made for Grace.
They both got a pair of corduroy trousers. The pattern is from Ottobre 4/2008. I made them without any of the pockets so they were very quick and easy.