Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Family Reunion Dress

My niece Lyssie is 5 today and she requested a pink and white dress. I made the Oliver and S Family Reunion Dress. This is a gorgeous little dress with pintucks and buttons up the back.
I used this pink and white floral fabric that has been in my stash for a while. I have no idea where is came from. It is kind of Liberty-ish, but definitely doesn't feel it. It is quite stiff and fells a bit like polished cotton. I nearly didn't use it as I thought this dress would be better in a voile, but I don't have that much pink and white in the stash so I hope it softens as it is washed.






I made a size 5 and I tried it on Eva (3 1/2) and it is a little big and long, but I would probably use this size for her but make it shorter. I tried it on the girls (6 1/2) and it fit, but was tight across this chest so I would make them a 6 and a bit longer. They all loved them and added it to the list of thing they want me to make them.

5 comments:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

I love your little dress and the fabric you chose couldn't be more perfect. She will look adorable it it!

Stacey @ bakercourt said...

I LOVE those buttons! The dress is perfect, and the fabric is beautiful. I'm sure Lyssie will love it too.

Lisa said...

Beautiful fabric. I just love the Oliver & S patterns.

Naturally Carol said...

Such a sweet girlie dress. I think the look of the fabric is perfect for the pattern.

Karen said...

It's such a pretty dress Kate - love the pin tucks on it.
Better get back to cutting mine out - has to be done by the weekend along with 100 other things!