Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hot Patterns Cosmopolitan Dress

I know everyone was making this about four years ago and I have been meaning to for about that long. I am glad I finally got around to it. My new favourite dress pattern - the Hot Patterns Cosmopolitan Dress.
Excuse the facial expressions, these were taken early this morning. I used a very drapey, almost too drapey jersey fabric which I wasn't going to be too worried about if this was a disaster (I thought I would try this without a muslin). I cut according to my measurements, but by the end I had taken it in a whole size. I cut a new sleeve as I wanted something I can wear all summer and the pattern had a choice of two different long sleeves.
I have read that the Hot Patterns instructions are a little scarce, but I think that is only because there are no illustrations. I read through them and then didn't glance at them again. I think if you have made a stretchy dress the instructions are all pretty much the same.
I also altered the neckline and left off the facings and added a binding like this tutorial, but I did not cut any height off first as I had read it was a little low cut.
I wasn't planning on making the whole thing yesterday, but 15 minutes here and there and it was done. I already have some fabric ready to cut another one.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

woooot woooo!! i love your spunky new dress, very flattering!

x

thornberry said...

It looks terrific Kate - I'm not surprised that there will be another!

Jodie said...

You look super hot in this dress Kate I too am not surprised that there will be another one made very soon - Simply Gorgeous!!!

Jodie :)

Chrissy in Chaos said...

I love the dress - looks like it came from a store! I adore your boots!

A Red Ham said...

I think the dress looks fantastic. It really suits you.

michelle said...

Oh gosh! I just bought that pattern a few weeks ago!!! So good to see it on a person. You look ravishing in it. Looking forward to seeing your second go too. xx