Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ottobre Sewing

I have been wondering if I can make most of the girls clothes for this summer. I don't think I can commit to making them all. I know I will end up buying them a few basics like t-shirts and leggings, but everything else I think I will try and sew.
This shirt is from Ottobre 2/2005. There has been a post it note stuck on this pattern since the twins could fit into the smallest size and now they need the biggest size I thought I should get round to making it. I didn't put on the ties, I thought a few buttons would be easier. I bought this fabric at Spotlight last year - it is a beautiful weight for shirts.



A dress for Eva from Ottobre 4/2011. An easy quick dress. Great as a sundress or with a t-shirt and leggings. I omitted the big bow which I could see just getting in the way.








7 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous clothes. I admire your idea to make a good majority of your girl's clothes. Clothes are so cheap here in Canada that it's hard to justify sewing some things like t-shirts, jeans etc. but I like to make a few special things that they can enjoy.

bec said...

omg, Eva is the funniest kid! She obviously loves her modelling shoots teehee. Such a cute kid! Oh, the clothes are awesome too :)

Jenny said...

Beautiful sewing and superb modelling-what a card she is:)

Eliisa said...

I love both,a shirt and a dress. You sewings are so well done. Lucky you, you did these. I remembered, that those clothes were always on my mind, on the list "what to do" - but I never did :) Eva looks so happy with her new dress, little model.

My girl is now 10yrs, boy is 11. They have done clear, that mum should not sew anymore clothes to them :) Well, I think, my next viktim is myself ;)

Stacey @ bakercourt said...

You are so talented! I love that polka dot dress... any way we could convince you to make adult sizes? ;)

A-L said...

Eva's dress is lovely. Looks so funky on her!

Craft to Do said...

Love your outfits. You have inspired me to finish a skirt that has been cut out for about 2 years. Lovely Michael Miller fabric
"Lantern Bloom Collection".
That is first on the list for Friday Night Sew IN. Thanks