Thursday, October 13, 2011

Progress

I've completed a few more blocks. I really love how these are looking and the fabrics in them, but I am over making them now and just want them to be done so I can put the quilt together. I really love the green and blue fabric on top, I might have to look for more of it.
I am up to the bottom part of my Damson shawl and wondering if I will need a second skein to finish it.





Yesterday was Strawberry Jam day and while I was in the cooking mood I tried Salty Caramel Ice-cream from my new ice-cream book. Mmmm I'm thinking I should practise making caramel before I try putting it in ice-cream. Then I made Chicken Phanaeng from South East Asian Food. Yum. Will definitely be making that again.

4 comments:

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Love the blocks! Very pretty.

flowerpress said...

Wow, you are a woman of many talents Kate! But I knew that :-)
I'll have to google chicken phanaeng, always love a new recipe. I've been making beef and black bean from beans, its great!

Stacey @ bakercourt said...

I love your blocks - such pretty fabrics. I can't wait to see the finished product :)

Thimbleanna said...

I love those blocks Kate. I only bought just a little bit of that fabric when it came out -- not sure how I will use it, but your blocks sure are cute!