Monday, October 24, 2011

Single Girl

The Single Girl is finished!


This quilt is huge, so I quilted it with straight lines, the easiest thing I could think of and I love all the ones I have seen quilted the same way. I agonised for ages over the right colour for the background and finally chose artichoke in Kona cotton and I am very happy with it.


Not the best photos, but it started raining as we started to take them. With this finished I can tick one present off the Christmas list. This is for my sister (and I am not giving away secrets, I have consulted with her as I made it). Now to start on the rest of the Christmas sewing.













11 comments:

Amanda Hunt said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Cass said...

Looks fantastic Kate

Copper Patch said...

It's gorgeous, I hope she loves it and thinks of you when it keeps her warm.
Ab

Craft to Do said...

Love that block must try it some day. Do you know where to find a pattern? thanks Sandra

Stitching At Stone Cottage said...

what a lucky sister!

Nelly said...

Brilliant job she willl love it forever.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Artichoke goodness. Yum! It's a beauty. Very lucky sister.

Tonni said...

That's one lucky sister!!! The quilt is fabulous!

Jenny said...

She is a lucky sister for sure-it is just gorgeous

Nicky said...

unusual shade of green but it really shows off those scrappy rings! Beautiful quilt for your lucky sister

Salley said...

Artichoke.......Smartychoke.......this is gorgeous.
Congrats on a lovely finish.