Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Molly Jacket

A few weeks ago I was lucky enought to win some Violette Field Threads patterns from Lisa at A Spoonful of Sugar. The Molly Jacket had been on my list of things to sew for a while. I had really meant to knit the girls some short sleeved cardigans for summer as it can a bit chilly down here in summer, but knitting takes forever compared to sewing. The Molly Jacket is the perfect alternative. I used some light weight denim and lined it with a red and pink spot that Amelia chose. I made a size 5/6 for her and added about 3/4 inch in length. I would add a little more next time. I chopped about 3/4 inch off the sleeve length as it was a little long.
I only had one big red button so that is all I used. I would like to make this again with three buttons and I will definitely make this again. It is a great pattern that went together really easily with easy to follow instructions.



11 comments:

Kris said...

Great jacket! Amelia looks so great in it.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a lovely jacket! Love the polka dot lining and the lovely big red button. It really suits Amelia.

Unknown said...

I love this so much. It is perfection!

Lisa said...

LOVE! Bella had a jacket just like this when she was little and I loved it, I always wanted another one.. thanks for the pattern link!

Stacey said...

Very cute!

Eliisa said...

So cute jacket!! I would love to have one of my own size :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, I've finally been able to catch up on some blogging while on holidays and look at all the beautiful outfits you have been making. Love them all.. so nice to see you sewing for yourself as well as the girls and how fast they are growing up too :) Looking forward to following you again in 2012...

sew katie did said...

Eeekkk! This is so cute.

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

So cute Kate!! Love love love it! Perfect for the non summer weather we are having ;) xox

Melissa @ twolittleredbobbins said...

Beautiful! I just finished making my daughter the same pattern and was really happy with it too :)

Briget P said...

So cute. Thanks for posting the pictures with your post.