Wednesday, December 12, 2012

2 1/2" Square Ruler

Most of the rulers I own are basic square rulers. I own a few triangles, a really long rectangle (which I love) and a couple of others I rarely use. When I saw the Creative Grids 2 1/2" square ruler I knew I could use it a lot. I bought it a few months ago and finally got around to playing with it on the weekend.
 So simple to use. Just put two 2 1/2" strips right side together and cut.

 Take them to your machine and sew them together.
 You can snip off the other tip of the triangle if you want.
 And then press. I pressed my seams open. The second one has the tip trimmed, but I left it on the first one to show what it is like if you don't trim it.
If you love jelly rolls and 2 1/2" strips this ruler is a great investment.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Oh I think I'd love that! Where did you get it from Kate?

Annie said...

Yes, tell us, I want one too!

Kate said...

From here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/45-Degree-Strip-Quilt-Ruler-For-Triangles-CREATIVE-GRIDS-Half-Square-Pinwheel-/170860079782?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c80deaa6

Rosa said...

It`s the first time I see it and looks fun!