Sunday, December 16, 2012

Kwik Sew 3776

I haven't had a tiny baby during summer before. The others were all winter babies. So I have been going through patterns looking for cute little summer clothes. You can't go wrong with little overalls.
I chose Kwik Sew 3776 as they are quite wide and can fit a cloth nappy in. I really should have followed the instructions exactly as I thought I knew what I was doing so of course I made mistakes and there was a lot of unpicking.
 I love this aqua fabric. It is by Sevenberry and I think I bought it at Calico and Ivy in Perth last year.
 Somehow I managed to put the snaps on the wrong way, but it isn't that obvious.
  I used cute little pink flower buttons from the seemingly never ending bag of mixed buttons I bought a few years ago at Spotlight.
 I made the 0-3 months size for Olive who is 3 months next week (already!!) as she is a little shorty. They are still a little big so they will fit for a while.
Love this pattern. I think now I know what mistakes not to make I might try some in Liberty.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Olive is very beautiful and has a gorgeous smile. What a cute pattern. I can't wait to see her wearing it in Liberty fabric.

Christine said...

What a beautiful baby and sweet overalls!

AJ said...

Super Cute!

Maria said...

Olive has grown so quickly and looks sweet in her new overalls.
When I make them I would put ribbing on the legs. Nice and soft.

motherof5 said...

Eeeeep!
I didn't know you had had a baby!
She is gorgeous and I am so jealous.
Congratulations Sweetheart!

Unknown said...

Olive is such a cutie and a perfect model for this little romper suit.