Monday, September 22, 2014

Children's Summer Basics

A clean out of the girls' cupboards revealed they were lacking in basics. Shorts, shirts and pyjamas. Nothing fancy, just stuff to wear around on weekends. So I thought I would do a little round up of patterns I know that work every time and most of them I can whip up very quickly.
Oliver & S Puppet Show Shorts. I have used this pattern so many times, it has definitely paid for itself.
 Christine Pants from I Think Sew - these make great pyjama bottoms. I don't bother with the elastic around the legs as it just annoys the girls. These work well in woven and knit fabrics.
 Made Shorts. A really great basic pattern with tutorials on adding trim and pockets too.
 Simplicity 2689. A great pattern for light fabrics such as voile.
 Banyan Tee and Tee for Two Dress by Figgy. Probably my favourite knit top patterns for children.
Now some of the basic not so interesting sewing is done for them I can make a few more interesting things!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are great - thanks for the links. I have a 2yo boy and I really need to start making him some of his own clothes, I'm just always so paranoid they'll fall apart. Guess I should just take the plunge and give it a go - what can it hurt? :)