Saturday, March 14, 2015

Jenna Cardi

I always have great plans to knit a cardigan over summer so I can wear it in winter, once again things didn't quite go to plan, but luckily I discovered the Jenna Cardi pattern and in one day I have a new cardigan!
To test it out I used some grey/silver very stretchy jersey that was on special at Textile Traders. I cut out the pattern according to my measurements, but I ended up taking it in a bit before I added the bands. I also had to take the sleeves in a bit as they were a bit loose for me. I made the waist length version with the 3/4 length sleeve, I would prefer it a little longer with skirts and jeans and the arms a few inches longer for winter so I have recut the pattern a size smaller with those changes.
Otherwise this was smooth sewing as the pattern was well written and easy to follow. I found some slightly stretchy interfacing in my stash so used that for the button band. I was a little worried about sewing buttonholes on jersey, but I practised on scraps first and didn't have a problem.
So now I just have to learn to make bras and jeans and I won't have to go clothes shopping again!

 


3 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

When I win the lottery I'm going to have my own personal tailor -- especially for bras and jeans! That is a really great look.

Jodie said...

Great cardi Kate!

Ali said...

Fantastic version of this, it's moved up on my must by list to the top now, thank you!