Tuesday, April 14, 2015

New Look 6301

I seem to have a little collection of knit wrap dress patterns. Ok I'll be honest, it's huge. It seems to have become my mission to find the perfect wrap dress pattern (and also the perfect button up shirt pattern which I'm working on again today).  Flicking through the pattern books in Spotlight the other day I discovered a pattern I had never seen before - New Look 6301. Could it be the perfect pattern?
I love how the pattern has 2 different skirts and different sleeve lengths. I do love a faux wrap - so much easier to wear when it's windy in winter. The gathers at the waist are flattering and the neck line is finished with a binding. The only alteration I made was to eliminate the elastic at the waist and lengthen the ties quite a bit. There are a few fitting tweaks I'll make next time I make it, but this pattern is ticking all the boxes. I highly recommend it!


4 comments:

bec said...

Ugh. You sold me- it looks awesome! And did you IG that the fabric was from Spotty too? They have some great poly knits at he moment, I'll have to check them out- trying to get ready for Me Made May this year, another wrap dress will be handy!

bec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby and Stephanie said...

Another very flattering look on you. :o)

Unknown said...

What a lovely dress - such a classic! I have this pattern in my collection at home - now I feel a sudden urge to make it right now!