Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Kwik Sew 3801

I think I've had Kwik Sew 3801 in the pattern stash for a while. I have no idea where or when I bought it, but I must have seen some potential, but it has never made it to the top of the 'To Make' list. Then last week I saw this great top and it went straight to the top of the list. I used some grey stretch that came from Textile Traders. This pattern is very loose fitting so I cut a Medium which I think was the right choice. I would be swamped by anything bigger.

I finished the edges with a rolled hem on the serger. I am very happy with the finish and I'll definitely be using it again on knit fabric. (It is one thing my serger is doing well at the moment. I have been having a few problems with the left needle for the last year when I am sewing knit fabrics, especially thicker ones and servicing hasn't fixed it).
 I put this top on as soon as I finished it and I haven't taken it off. The pattern appears to be out of print now, but if you see it anywhere I highly recommend buying it!

1 comment:

Andie W. said...

Between your version and Sarah's version, I think I need this pattern! It looks great on you. So comfy and stylish.