Saturday, January 09, 2016

Storm Trooper Negroni

As soon as I saw Maria's excellent Storm Trooper shirt I planned a trip to Spotlight and picked  up a few metres of the fabric. I went with the Colette Negroni pattern. It is a little more casual and I didn't have to think about pattern matching the button band.
I wasn't too sure I would like a shirt without the collar stand on Chris, but I love how it is a little more casual and it is so easy to sew! The only alteration (besides blending between sizes) was to remove about 3/4" from the sleeve length before I cut it out and the only extra thing I need to do next time is to increase the cuff width as the cuffs are a little tight.
As you can see he is pretty happy with it, I think it's going to get a lot of wear.


3 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Yep, there is a smile of happiness. Lucky mister to have a talented misses. :o)

Jodie said...

That is one happy looking nerd !!!

Heather said...

That fabric is awesome! I think your shirt turned out really well, and your pattern matching is fantastic!