Tuesday, August 02, 2016

The Glam Clam Quilt

I've always wanted to make a clam shell quilt, but knew I would never finish one that involved small shapes and hand sewing, so when Latifah Saafir came out with her clever Clammy ruler I knew I needed it. I used the 8" sized ruler and her free Glam Clam pattern. 
I enjoyed every moment of making this quilt top. The ruler was very easy to use and the cutting did not take long.
The curves are quite gentle and not hard to sew.
I didn't rush the process and only managed a row most days.
I love it. I bought the 12" ruler as well and can't wait to experiment with some of the different shapes you can make with them.




SaveSave
SaveSave

3 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love curves...great fabrics for a really fun quilt.

Gretchen said...

I have those rulers too,and had hoped to use them to make the glam clam quilt. How do you align the pieces? The rulers give no instructions, and the pattern hasn't been adapted for it. The original pattern has tabs. Any hints would be wildly appreciated.

Kate said...

Hi Gretchen I just marked the centre of each piece and then pinned that and either end and went slowly, another option is to sew from the end to the centre (after you have pinned) and then turn around and sew from the other end in to the centre.